eCommerce and the Difference it Makes
Many business owners in North Texas want websites that give them an online presence that makes it easier for their customers to learn about them but they don’t want to sell any actual goods online. But if you are a business owner who wants to sell products online and who wants to set up an eCommerce website, you’ll need to learn as much as possible about how to do it and how to make it a success. That’s where Axis Software Dynamics comes in. At Axis Software Dynamics, we can offer you a two-hour class that will give you the tools you need to start down the road that can lead to selling a million dollars of product online.
What are some of the important things you need to know to have a successful eCommerce website?
- Your site should be responsive. With most online shoppers using their phones and tablets to shop, your website should be optimized for every platform to make sure that your customers see everything they would see if they were viewing it on a laptop.
- Your site should load quickly. If your site loads slowly, your potential customers won’t wait. They’ll click away from your site to a competitor’s site that pops up quickly.
- Your homepage should not be mysterious. Your customers should be able to see immediately what you’re selling and you should have appealing and eye-catching images, easy-to-read text and a prominent search box.
- All of your website’s pages should contain contact information and consistent, clear and easy-to-use navigation.
- You must make it easy for your customers to buy what you’re selling. Make sure your ‘add to cart’ button is prominently placed next to merchandise and that your cart icon is on each page to remind your customers to complete their purchases.
- You should always ensure that your customers know all fees, taxes and shipping upfront. Hidden fees that don’t show up until the customer is ready to hit the ‘complete purchase’ button are the number one reason that online shopping carts are abandoned.
- You must ensure that your customer’s information is secure by using SSL encryption and you should indicate to your customers that their information will be secure.
Having an eCommerce website can be extremely complicated. When you schedule our Axis Software Dynamics presenters to conduct a class in eCommerce for you and your staff, we’ll teach you what you need to know in terms you can understand and we’ll answer any questions you have. So don’t wait to start making money. Call us at Axis Software Dynamics at (469) 535-7500 or visit us online at axissoftwaredynamics.com.