Business marketing in the 21st Century is a completely different animal from any other time in history. At Axis Software Dynamics, we know that marketing your business today means marketing it on the internet; that’s why we offer classes to instruct you in the fine points of reaching your customers online. In our classes, you’ll learn how important one specific avenue of online business marketing is social media marketing.
While people certainly spend a significant amount of time online shopping, they spend the majority of their time connecting with other people – chatting, looking for events to attend, exchanging videos. Think about the number of times you’ve picked up your smartphone or tablet just to ‘check in’ on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram. Multiply your checking in by millions and you’ll understand why your business needs to find its way to social media.
At Axis Software Dynamics, we’ll give you some tips to help you get started or maximize your social media marketing.
Things to Keep in Mind:
- Decide which social media platforms you want to use. The best way to know which platform is right for your business is by checking out your competition. Check their Facebook, Twitter and other social media profiles and find out how many followers they have on each. If they have more on Facebook than Twitter (or vice versa), that’s a good indicator that that particular social media platform will work better for you, too.
- Make your social media profiles personal. Include a picture of yourself or your employees and relate some personal information like your background and why you started your business to connect on a more human level with anyone who finds you online. Be sure to include a link, where possible, to your company’s website as well.
- Add social media buttons to your website. If you have profiles on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ or more, make sure you have the corresponding button icons for each on your website to make it easier for your potential customers to check out your profiles and to learn more about you.
- Post often on your social media profile pages. You also shouldn’t overdo your posting. For Facebook, once a day is enough. For Pinterest, a couple of times a day is sufficient. For Google+ and Twitter, the more you post, the better.
- Make sure your posts are interesting. Try to share photos, videos and graphics as often as possible as these are more attention-grabbing. But no matter what you share, make sure it’s interesting and relevant to your business and what your customers may be looking for from you.
- Don’t forget to follow back. Check the profiles of people who follow you and decide if you want to follow them back. You may lose followers if you don’t do this regularly as people expect it and it adds to the idea that there are actual humans running your business.
If you are just starting out online, you’ll need help with your business marketing. The best place to get started is with us at Axis Software Dynamics. We offer classes in every area of website development including marketing your business online. Call us today at (469) 535-7500 or visit us online at axissoftwaredynamics.com to see a schedule of classes.